Official Website: https://www.palospark.org/
Village Hall Phone Number: 708-448-2700
Palos Park is a village is southwestern Cook County Illinois and also a suburb of Chicago. Palos Park has an area of 3.93 square miles of land and 0.043 square miles of water. In the 1890s, the Wabash Railroad opened the rural community of Palos Park. In 1914 the population was growing and a local government was established. Newspaper editor Ballard Dunn became the first mayor. Today, the culture of Palos Park remains a small tight knit community with a population of slightly over 4,800 resident. The Village of Palos Park has become a Certified Local Government and historic properties within the Village are eligible for consideration for listing on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Village of Palos Park has hired the professional services of H.R. Green, Inc. for building plan reviews as well as electrical and plumbing inspection services. H.R. Green provides a single source solution to process, review, inspect, and approve new construction and home improvement projects. Their knowledge and best practice tools are suited to deliver the highest quality services that the residents of Palos Park have grown accustom to.
Ray Graefen, the new Electrical Inspector, brings 20 + years of experience in residential and commercial markets and extensive construction management experience. Ray is an International Code Council Certified Residential, Commercial and Property Maintenance Inspector.
Greg Shisler, the new Plumbing Inspector, brings 25 years of plumbing experiences as an Illinois Department of Public Health Certified Plumbing Inspector. Greg previously owned his own plumbing company working on custom homes as well as commercial and service work.
In the event that Ray and Greg are unavailable for an inspection, H.R. Green has provided back-up inspectors to ensure no delays of any construction projects. Brian Brace has 18 years of experience as a Certified Electrical Inspector for residential, commercial and industrial locations. James Dee holds a State of Illinois Plumbing License, has more than 36 years of experience in governmental services, and has extensive residential and commercial construction management experience.
When an inspection is requested, Ray and Greg will be identifiable by the H.R. Green vehicle as well as their ID’s from the Village of Palos Park.
The Village of Palos Park welcomes Ray, Greg, and the services of H.R. Green as we look forward to a seamless transition with efficient plan reviews and thorough, timely inspections.
Crime Free Information:
Palos Park's mission is to provide our citizens, employees, visitors and business community quality public services through innovative public/private/intergovernmental partnerships and programs thereby offering expanded economic opportunities and safe family neighborhoods.
The Palos Park Police Department will strive to provide the citizens of Palos Park with the most community focused, efficient and effective police service available within the confines of existing resources. The Palos Park Police Department will attain its goal by the following objectives.
• Have innovative, honest, responsive leadership. (The staff should never be satisfied with the status quo, but always seek ways to improve all of the department's operations. The staff will set the tone of professionalism, integrity, hard work and receptivity to change. Perfection will be expected.)
• Provide realistic departmental guidelines and policies.
• Recruit and retain the best possible police officers.
• Provide quality training for every entry level of the organization.
• Promote police conduct that is responsive and sensitive to the needs of the community.
• Provide crime fighting tools to improve the utilization of patrol and investigative resources in the identification, arrest, and conviction of individuals committing criminal activity within our jurisdiction.
• Require a professional work ethic and professional work product by officers engaged in routine police duties, and preliminary and follow-up investigations.
• Enhance the role of department personnel in the planning and development process.
• Recognize exceptional work by police employees.
• Stress the responsibility of all employees to be accountable to the department and the community for all his/her actions.
Palos Park Police Department
Police Chief Joe Miller
8999 W 123rd Street Palos Park, IL 60464
708-448-2191 non emergency