Official Website: https://www.villageoflagrange.com/
La Grange Village Hall Phone Number: 708-579-2300
The village of La Grange is a suburb of Chicago and a village in Cook County. The population is approximated at 15,500. The area around La Grange was first settled in the 1830s. Robert Leitch was the village's first settler in 1830 and the village was officially incorporated on June 11, 1879. La Grange was founded by Franklin Dwight Cossitt. Cossitt set out to build the ideal suburban village - laying out streets, planting trees, donating property for churches and schools, and building quality homes for sale. The village has since developed into the community it is today.
• The offices of the Department of Community Development is located in the La Grange Village Hall, at 53 South La Grange Road, La Grange, Illinois 60525.
• The offices of the Department of Community Development can be contacted by telephone at 708-579-2320
• The office hours for the Department of Community Development are 8:30AM until 5:00PM, Monday through Friday.
• All inspections are to be scheduled with the Department of Community Development. Requests for inspection shall be made at least 24 hours prior to the desired inspection time.
Crime Free Information:
La Grange Police Department
304 W. Burlington Ave. La Grange, IL 60525
The responsibilities of the La Grange Police Department include:
• Enforcing criminal and traffic laws
• Investigating crimes
• Maintaining public safety
• Providing rapid and efficient response
"We pride ourselves on our attempts to ensure the organization is filled with dynamic, energetic people focused on the well-being of our community. We are working hard to enhance the concept of "team" throughout the Village and striving to realize true empowerment for all staff.
Combining police resources and expertise with community partnerships and knowledge holds great promise for continuing improvement in the high quality of life we currently enjoy. We welcome this close collaboration and recognize it is especially important in difficult financial times.
Through these efforts, we strive for pride and professionalism."